Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasteful Tuesday

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity. ~Voltaire



After a long run over the Williamsburg Bridge, I obviously needed some serious nourishment to refuel my body. And what greater choice than Vapiano? Located at 113 University Place, known for there made to order pizza, pasta, and gourmet salads. With their urban Italian inspired decor, they are putting a spin on the way restaurants are conducting business. How might you ask? Well upon entry you receive a chip card; so after choosing what you desire from the bar, salad, pasta, pizza,or dessert station your tally is on your card with one swipe.


 Then you are free to relax at a spacious table; or sit by the window on one of there luxurious red leather couches. On my visit with my cousin, I had the Orange fennel salad. A delicious combination of Arugula , orange segments, feta cheese, and a sweet spicy citrus dressing. With your choice of grilled chicken or shrimp. All and all it was a relaxing experience. And the prices are very reasonable when you take in consideration of the amount of food you are given. I paid ten dollars for my salad and four for my Aqua Panna water.
My Kinda Recipe


Hope you enjoy the Floridita Oranje drink recipe

Drink Recipe Ingredients

1.25 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced
1 oz. cream of coconut
2 oz. orange juice
1 cup(s) ice


Drink Recipe Preparation

Add Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, cream of coconut, orange juice, and ice in a blender.
Blend until smooth and pour into glass

No comments:

Post a Comment